Thursday, June 4, 2015

Green juice

Nothing is quite as cleansing in the morning as a green juice packed with ginger and lemon. I blend my ingredients rather than 'juice' them as I prefer to get the fibre in the fruits and vegetables, as well as the sugars.  It makes for a longer lasting fuller feeling and I get a good portion of my daily requirements in one smoothie. 

Personally I'm not keen on adding kale or spinach to every type of smoothie I make just for it's superpower. I really enjoy a green smoothie but otherwise I'm happy to have my fruit smoothies loaded with fresh and frozen fruits, coconut water, maybe some nuts or LSA or protein powder.  

However if you are going green, this is the bomb.  


Ingredients:
1/2 apple
1/2 lebanese cucumber
2 cups baby spinach leaves
1 inch fresh ginger, peeled
squeeze of 1/2 lemon
1/3 - 1/2 cup coconut water
crushed ice

Method:
In a blender, nutribullet or other high speed processor - blend all ingredients together.
Drink immediately!











No comments:

Post a Comment