Friday, August 17, 2012

Roasted Pork Tenderloin and new potatoes

An easy all-in-one-dish kind of dinner.  The baked pork loin and potatoes rolled in a simple marinade, baked together for 40mins....this was a no brainer for us mid week.  If I was more organised I would have a baked a larger mix of veggies together in the pan but I quickly microwaved some broccoli while I sautéed a few mushrooms to serve on top, it was perfect.

I am only just coming to cook with pork more recently.  It is such an inexpensive and versatile meat, so while I've been exploring leaner cuts of meat these past few weeks it has come up on my radar a few times.  Roasting it whole and in a medium oven, left it moist and succulent, I couldn't fault it.  The girls really enjoyed their 'chicken' and potato wedges and we enjoyed the fresh, simple taste of the seasoning.   I could do so many things with this sort of dish but I'll let you navigate your own flavors as you play around with it, it may look a little pedestrian but this is a perfect family friendly winner to keep as a staple in your repertoire.




Ingredients:
extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 tblspn each of freshly chopped: rosemary, thyme, sage
sea salt and cracked pepper
pork tenderloin
new potatoes

Method:
  • Preheat the oven to 375'F (190'C) 
  • Make up the olive oil marinade with the herbs. 
  • Use about 3 tablespoons and rub it all over the pork with salt and pepper.  Leave to marinade for 30 - 1hr if time allows
  • Peel and cut the potatoes to desired size, roughly in 8 pieces
  • Use the remaining marinade for the potatoes and roll the cut potatoes in the seasoned oil
  • Put them all in a baking dish and bake for 35-40mins until cooked through.  Stir the potatoes half way through.
  • Cook under the broiler/griller for another 5mins to brown the top
  • Take out the meat and let it rest for 5-8mins, continue cooking potatoes/veggies if needed.  
  • Slice the pork and serve
Serve with steamed broccoli or green beans.
I sautéed some portabello mushrooms with some extra fresh herbs (thyme, sage, rosemary) a knob of butter and squeeze of lemon, salt and pepper.   

No comments:

Post a Comment