Tuesday, July 3, 2012

I've been Down Under and back...

The girls and I have just returned from a wonderful trip back home to Australia to see family and friends so I need to apologize for abandoning you mid-curryfest.  I was intending to post while I was away but I got too engrossed with eating and shopping and socializing! I will post the rest of those delicious Indian curry recipes this week as well as a few of my more traditional, family-friendly staple recipes my friends have enjoyed in the past and are waiting on seeing here on the blog. I received some lovely feedback from my followers in Australia and I'm starting to realize the impact I'm having in your kitchens and I am so thrilled.  It seems I am succeeding as a go-to site for many of you before you think about dinner and I couldn't be happier, that's exactly what I intended this site to be.  I'm very chuffed, thank you for your support.

I am feeling almost human again now after our long and delayed trip home, although with my unusual sleep patterns it seems I will get a lot done between the hours of 3-6am this week before the rest of the house awakes.  I look forward to posting some new and exciting recipes inspired from my trip home and particularly from my masterclass cooking session with world renowned French Chef, Philippe Mouchel, from restaurant PM 24 in Melbourne.  My Dad and I went to his French Bistro class in South Melbourne and learned some incredible dishes. I will be trying them again at home soon and would love to share them with you.

Thanks again for reading, I hope I can keep inspiring you and provide some tried and tested recipes for you to fall back on as we enter the midst of winter in Australia and a brutally hot summer in the US.  Stay happy and keep cooking!

1 comment:

  1. So pleased to see you will be soon back to cooking for public appreciation, Marisa. This family all enjoyed your version of 'Screaming Eagle' and an Asian flavoured pork dish we enjoyed at our family gathering with you last month. The dessert of muffin-sized Sticky Date Puddings were a real treat too. It goes without saying how impressed we are with your achievements in cooking - you are inspiring more than you could imagine. Last week Alex (our grandson) cooked a chicken version of the dish you cooked at your masterclass session in Melbourne, having been given a copy of the recipes. He managed an admirable meal, by all accounts. You can see what effect you are having on even the younger generation! xx

    ReplyDelete